Westlake Village homeowners find themselves in a very fortunate situation: they live in a place with a great climate, good job opportunities and an extremely well run city. Put that all together and you have a consistently high demand from people who want to buy a home here. Even with high demand for housing, though, staging a home before it goes on the market is almost always worthwhile.
The first benefit to staging is that it’s a great way to make a good first impression on prospective buyers. Research tells the story: people often make a decision to buy within minutes of first seeing a home. What’s more, it’s the same story for Realtors — it’s important to make a good first impression with them, too. When they are impressed, they want to show the home to prospective buyers because they know a well staged home sells quickly and makes the buying process easier.
Proven Results For Staging Homes In Westlake Village
The Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) researches all aspects of staging, including the effect staging has on the time it takes for a home to sell. A recent study shows that staged homes sell in dramatically less time that unstaged homes. In this particular study, a combination of vacant and occupied homes had been on the market for an average of 143 days. As a test, these homes were taken off the market and professionally staged. The result? The homes were re-listed and they received an offer to buy within 40 days on average. That means they were listed for sale 72 percent less time.
RESA then conducted a follow-up study. They researched 481 homes — including occupied and vacant homes — that had already been staged before they were listed for sale. People made a first offer to buy these homes in an average of 23 days! Those are statistics that prove beyond doubt that professional staging works!
Home Staging Has Real Benefits
The benefits of professionally staging a home relate to selling your home faster and for the highest price possible. These benefits include:
- Research shows that buyers house-hunt online — an impressive 90% of them — before they contact a Realtor. A professionally staged home will help your property make the short list!
- It’s a competitive world out there. People look at multiple homes, and your professionally staged home will show better than the competition.
- Staged properties can increase both the selling price and the number of offers, especially in hot markets.
- Buyers perceive staged homes as well maintained.
- Realtors know that professionally staged homes are ready for their clients to move in. That encourages them to show staged properties instead of the unstaged competition.
- Photos of professionally staged homes stand out! That helps their appearance in the Multiple Listing Service and in all your marketing materials.
Who Should Consider Home Staging?
- It may be valuable for homeowners to contact the stager even before hiring a Realtor. You should especially consider this if your homes needs minor updates like paint, flooring, landscape work or updated light fixtures.
- We often team up with Realtors to develop a winning strategy for their clients. Experienced Realtors often advise their clients to stage a home before listing.
- Investors may also be interested in staging a home. Experienced investors have discovered the benefits of professional staging first-hand.
- Property managers often advise their clients to stage a home before listing. When they bring it in a professional stager, it establishes the manager as a trusted advisor looking out for their clients’ best interest.
Whether you’re a homeowner, Realtor, investor or property manager, we invite you to call Ventura County Home Staging today at (805) 409-4317. We can get together at your convenience to discuss how to sell your Westlake Village home faster with Home Staging.