Home Staging Agoura Hills
Like all homeowners in the Conejo Valley, Agoura Hills homeowners find themselves in a very enviable position. Surrounded by beautiful rolling hills, in an ideal climate with a vibrant economy, homes in Agoura Hills are in constant demand. It is, in short, often a sellers’ market! Even in a sellers’ market, however, there are substantial benefits to staging a home before it goes on the market.
Let’s start with first impressions. Professionally staged homes quite simply make a great first impression! How valuable is a good first impression? Consider the fact that research says people typically make a decision to buy a home within the first two minutes after they see a home! It’s equally important to quickly impress Realtors. When Realtors see a professionally staged home, they get excited because they sense when a home will sell quickly and make their job easier. That in turn leads them to show it to as many prospective buyers as possible.
Proven Results For Staging Homes In Agoura Hills
Professionally staged homes sell faster and for top dollar, and that’s a fact! The Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) recently conducted a study of a combination of 63 vacant and occupied homes. On average, the homes had been on the market for 143 days. To complete the study, the homes were then taken off the market and underwent professional staging — then put back on the market. After the homes were re-listed, people made an offer to buy them, on average, in 40 days! That equates to a remarkable 72 percent less time on market.
Just to confirm the validity of this study, RESA conducted another test. The organization looked at a combination of 481 occupied and vacant homes that had been professionally staged before being listed for sale. People made a first offer to buy these homes in 23 days on average. The overwhelming conclusion is that professionally staged homes sell faster!
Home Staging Benefits
The benefits of professionally staging a home relate both to selling your home faster and for the highest price possible. Benefits include:
- In the age of the Internet, house hunting online is standard procedure. In fact, the latest research shows 90% of prospective buyers research homes online before contacting a Realtor. Staging your home helps ensure people put it on their “short list.”
- Competition is intense. When people look at multiple homes, your professionally staged home simply outshines competing homes on the market.
- Staged properties can increase both the selling price and boost the number of offers it receives, especially in hot markets.
- A subtle but real benefit is that buyers perceive staged homes as well maintained and less likely to need any repairs.
- Realtors prefer showing staged properties more than unstaged homes because they recognize professionally staged homes are ready for their clients to move right in.
- Appearance counts when it comes to marketing materials. And photos of professionally staged simply look better online and in printed materials — they stand out!
Who Should Consider Home Staging?
- Homeowners — who may want to consider staging even before hiring a Realtor. This is especially true if some minor but highly visible updates are needed, such as paint, flooring, landscape work or updated light fixtures.
- Realtors — who often advise their clients to stage a home before listing it. We are delighted to team up with Realtors from the beginning to develop the best marketing strategy for their clients.
- Investors — especially experienced investors who have discovered first-hand the benefits of professional staging. They understand how staging a home increases the value of their investment.
- Property managers — who often advise their clients to stage a home before contacting a Realtor and listing. Attention to this strategy establishes the manager as a trusted advisor looking out for their clients’ best interest.
Whether you’re a homeowner, Realtor, investor or property manager, we invite you to call Ventura County Home Staging today at (805) 409-4317. We will be happy to discuss the benefits of selling your Agoura Hills home faster with Home Staging.